In accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act (LPD), we provide you with necessary information regarding the processing of personal data collected during your experience on our website https://boldbrain.ch/
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA SUBJECT TO PROCESSING | DEFINITIONS
The personal data provided—or otherwise acquired in accordance with current legislative and contractual provisions—related, connected, and/or instrumental to the evaluation of your experience on our site will be processed in accordance with the LPD and applicable confidentiality obligations. Please note that this information is applicable only to the specified site, excluding any widgets, links, and general connections related to third parties.
Here are some definitions provided by the LPD to help understand the content of this document:
- Data subjects: Natural or legal persons whose data are processed (hereinafter also referred to as “You”).
- Processing: Any operation related to personal data, regardless of the means and procedures adopted, including collection, storage, use, review, communication, archiving, or destruction of data.
- Communication: Making personal data accessible, for example, by allowing access, transmission, or publication.
IDENTITY AND CONTACTS OF THE DATA CONTROLLER
The entity determining the purposes and means of this personal data processing is FONDAZIONE AGIRE, a Swiss foundation, in accordance with Articles 80 and following of the Civil Code, located at Via Cantonale 18, Suglio Business Center, 6928 Manno, CHE-116.382.742 (hereinafter also referred to as “Controller” or “Foundation” or “we”).
The data controller can be contacted at the following address: email@example.com
PURPOSE OF PROCESSING | DATA RETENTION PERIOD
- Responding to requests received through the “Contacts” area on this site: Data will be kept for the time necessary to achieve the purpose and, for administrative obligations, may be kept for up to 10 years if a relationship is established.
- Direct marketing activities (with prior consent) with automated means: We will collect the necessary data for sending promotional emails related to services provided by Fondazione Agire, as well as invitations to participate in events where the Controller is the organizer, co-organizer, sponsor, or is otherwise involved. Data will be retained until the withdrawal of the consent provided.
DATA PROCESSING METHODS
Processing will be carried out in an automated form, with methods and tools aimed at ensuring maximum security and confidentiality, carried out by specifically trained individuals. The collected personal data will be stored in a form that allows the identification of data subjects for a period not exceeding the achievement of the purposes for which the personal data are processed and, in any case, for the data retention period specified above.
RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share personal information with employees and/or staff acting under the authority of the data controller (duly instructed for this purpose), as well as third parties bound to Fondazione Agire by a contractual relationship, to fulfill contractual obligations and meet one or more of the aforementioned processing purposes. These third parties will process the provided data as data processors or independent data controllers. Specifically, we may share personal data collected with the following categories of recipients: a) entities providing services related to the operation of this website, Fondazione Agire’s computer system, and telecommunication networks (e.g., hosting providers, webmasters); b) assistance and consulting companies (e.g., web agencies); c) competent authorities for compliance with legal obligations and/or provisions of public entities, upon request.
COMMUNICATION OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE CONFEDERATION
The website is based in Germany (hosting), and therefore, personal data processed will not only be stored in Switzerland but also transmitted outside the Confederation. It is clarified that Germany is a country that the Federal Council considers adequate for the communication of personal data (see Annex 1 of the OPDa). In the case of newsletter subscription, data will also be communicated to the service provider based in the USA. In the event of communicating personal data to foreign countries not included in Annex 1 of the OPDa, the transfer will be made in accordance with the provisions of the LPD and the OPDa, and in particular, on the following bases:
- with adequate guarantees, in this case, contractual measures aimed at ensuring adequate protection abroad;
- the processing is directly related to the conclusion or execution of a contract, and the data subject to processing concern the other party;
- communication takes place within the same legal entity or between legal entities under single management, provided that the sender and the receiver comply with rules aimed at ensuring adequate data protection.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
In accordance with the LPD, the data controller recognizes the following rights to the data subject (non-exhaustive list):
- obtain rectification of inaccurate or outdated personal data;
- be informed in writing and free of charge if personal data concerning you are subject to processing;
- withdraw consent to the processing of previously provided data;
- prevent the communication to third parties of any sensitive personal data;
- obtain the portability of personal data or request that they be transferred to third parties;
- request limitation or blocking of data processing, prevention of data communication to third parties, or rectification or destruction of personal data;
- request the prohibition of specific personal data processing and specific communication of personal data to third parties, or the deletion or destruction of certain personal data;
- if neither the correctness nor the inaccuracy of personal data can be proven, request the addition of a note to indicate the dispute;
- request that rectification, destruction, blocking, especially communication to third parties, in addition to the note on the dispute or judgment, be communicated to third parties or published;
- have the unlawfulness of the processing of personal data declared.
Without prejudice to any other administrative and judicial remedy, if the data subject believes that the processing of data concerning them violates what is provided by the LPD, they have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Transparency).
You can exercise your rights under the LPD by contacting the data controller at the addresses provided above. To unsubscribe from our newsletter service (direct marketing), you can also use the automated deletion tools provided.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION | CHANGES | UPDATES
The data controller reserves the right to revise, update, add, or remove any part of this privacy notice at its discretion at any time. In case of changes, the update date will be indicated.
Last update date: November 29, 2023