1. What is a startup?
It is a temporary organization in search of organizational and strategic solutions that are repeatable and can grow indefinitely.
2. Are the ideas limited to a specific sector?
No, we accept ideas from all sectors, provided they have an innovative character.
3. If I am not admitted to the program, may I participate in a next edition with the same project?
Yes, if you fulfil the requirements of the regulation. Please be aware that if you have not been admitted perhaps it is appropriate to review your project.
4. What does Boldbrain program offer?
Coaching for the development of your project, specific workshops in the sector, targeted training, as well as facilitated access to the development and growth network of startups in Ticino as office space, financial aid or access to investors.
5. How can I apply?
Simply fill out the application form in all its parts.
6. May I apply even if I have not yet set up a company?
Yes. The Boldbrain program is aimed specifically at startups at an early stage.
7. Can I be expelled from the program?
Yes, if you do not comply with the regulation. Pay particular attention to the deadlines required and participation in events, workshops and other activities. See the timeline and the regulation.
8. If I have set up a company, can I participate?
Companies that have been established since no longer than 3 years can apply.
9. What happens after I’m a candidate?
Only applications that comply with the regulations will be considered at the end of the registration. The applications are analysed by several coaches who define a ranking. The first 20 best projects will be admitted to the acceleration program for startups.
10. In case of a negative outcome, in the program or in another phase, will I receive an explanation?
We do not provide reasons for negative outcomes because we believe that is not useful due to the large number of projects viewed. The most frequent reasons why a project is not admitted to the program or to one of the phases of the program are:
a. the team is incomplete or not very convincing
b. the idea is not convincing
c. the business model is not convincing
d. technical reasons relating to the regulation
11. Is physical participation required in the working space?
No. Participation is mandatory at events, workshops and when you are called to present in front of the juries. To find out all the dates, consult the program roadmap.
12. How is intellectual property and confidentiality managed?
The organization is linked to professional secrecy, the coaches and the teams sign an NDA (confidentiality agreement).
13. Can I participate if I am already registered or applying for other programs?
If you have not already completed the registration process: Kickstart Accelerator / Venture Kick / MassChallenge / Innosuisse Startup coaching (former CTI Start-up / CTI Label) then you can apply.
14. How many projects are admitted to the acceleration program?
A maximum of 20, of which only 10 will reach the final contest.
15. How many projects win the final event?
Only 5, chosen among 10 finalists.